Sony has announced another camera in the FX line of cinema cameras, the compact but powerful Sony FX3. The new camera ships with the S-Cinetone color profile as default.
This camera is sure to match great with other cameras in the Sony Cine line of cameras including the recently released FX6 and the powerhouse bigger brother, the FX9.
We have been using the FX9 for several months on large and small projects and absolutely love the camera, the color science and the functionality of the camera, however, having an FX3 will be a great addition to our camera lineup here at Parallax because we can fit this smaller form camera body in places and situations where we want the look and amazing footage that the FX9 provides. Matching these two cameras in post will be simple and seamless.
Some of the specs from the new Song FX3:
FX3 Product Highlights
- Compact and lightweight body design with high operability for hand-held shooting, gimbal, and drone-mounted work
- Multiple 1/4-20 UNC threaded mounting points to easily attach compatible accessories
- Detachable XLR handle unit with two XLR/TRS audio inputs and one 3.5mm stereo jack
- S-Cinetone™ look – inspired by the color science of the digital cinema camera VENICE – which is also used in FX9 and FX6 Cinema Line cameras
- Built-in cooling fan enables effective heat dissipation to support uninterrupted 4K 60p recording[i]
- Records up to 4K 120p[ii]
- 10.2 megapixel[iii] full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R™ sensor and BIONZ XR™ image processing engine
- Ultra-high sensitivity with ISO expandable to 409,600 for very low light conditions and 15+ stops of dynamic range[iv]
- Fast Hybrid AF (Autofocus), Touch Tracking (real-time tracking), and Real-time Eye AF, also used in other Alpha™ cameras
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization with “Active Mode”[v] supports handheld movie shooting
The FX3 will cost $3,900 when it becomes available in mid-March. That makes it more expensive than the A7S III, but significantly more affordable than competitors like the $5,500 C70 from Canon and many of Sony’s own Cinema line cameras.
Growing your company using video is as simple as using our Newport Beach Video Production company, Parallax Digital Studios. Call us at 949-467-4669 or email us at email@example.com today and get award-winning video production for all your needs in Southern California.